Sat, Oct 09|
CHES Entry Level Welding Class
Join Jon Francis at Francis Steele for a Welding Class for 7th -12 graders on Saturday, October 9, from 9am-12:30pm
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2021, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
Francis Steele, 240 Crestline Ln, Aberdeen, NC 28315, USA
About the Event
This class is now full but feel free to add yourself to the wait list in case someone is unable to participate.
Entry Welding Class for 7th -12 grade
Saturday, October 9th
9:15 -10:15 GENERAL CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
10:30-12:30 HANDS ON
1. This class is presented by Francis Steel Inc in Aberdeen, NC. Francis Steel Inc is a steel fabricator and erector and maintains their own certified welders; they also train & certify welders for other companies in our area.
2. The class is designed to give a brief presentation of what could be expected in a career choice that involves welding in the United States.
3. Students will have an opportunity to engage with hands on experience in different types of welding equipment, tools, & consumables that are commonly used in welding.
4. Class size will be limited to 15 students (Parents may attend with their child)
5. We recommend that students / parents come prepared to get under a welding shield themselves!
1. This class is for grades 7th-12th only
2. The class is presented free of charge by Francis Steel Inc
3. For those participating in HANDS ON:
a. Dress Code: Closed toed footwear, long pants
b. Must have clothing that may get dirty or (potentially) damaged by sparks
c. Under 18- Must have a waiver signed by a parent - for participation in the “Hands On” portion
d. We will provide welding shields & PPE (Students can bring their own if they wish)
4. Class to be held at Francis Steel Inc shop / office: 240 Crestline Lane, Aberdeen, NC 28315 / Julie Reeves (910) 944-9681
5. Refreshments will be available (or students may bring their own).
6. There will not be any restrictions in place for COVID-19, however, anyone that is symptomatic must not attend.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE SAME CLASS THAT WAS TAUGHT IN NOVEMBER 2020. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO TAKE THE BEGINNER CLASS AGAIN IF YOU PARTICIPATED LAST YEAR**