CHES Intermediate Welding Class
Time & Location
About the Event
Intermediate Welding Class** for 7th -12 grade
Saturday, October 16th
9:15 -10:15 GENERAL CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
10:30-12:30 HANDS ON
1. This class is presented by Francis Steel Inc in Aberdeen, NC.
2. This class is designed to give an opportunity for students to engage more in-depth with the GMAW (wire welding or MIG welding) type welding process.
3. Students will be instructed in safety, setup, and use of GMAW welding equipment.
4. Class size will be limited to 15 students (Parents may attend with their child)
5. Students will be encouraged to put on a shield and participate!
NOTES FOR ATTENDEES:
1. This class is for grades 7th-12th only
2. The class is presented free of charge by Francis Steel Inc
3. For those participating in HANDS ON:
a. Dress Code: Closed toed footwear, long pants
b. Must have clothing that may get dirty or (potentially) damaged by sparks
c. Under 18- Must have a waiver signed by a parent - for participation in the “Hands On” portion
d. We will provide welding shields & PPE (Students can bring their own if they wish)
4. Class to be held at Francis Steel Inc shop / office: 240 Crestline Lane, Aberdeen, NC 28315 / Julie Reeves (910) 944-9681
5. Refreshments will be available (or students may bring their own).
6. There will not be any restrictions in place for COVID-19, however, anyone that is symptomatic must not attend.