Tue, Sep 05|
CHES Speakers (Public Speaking Class) 2023
Time & Location
Sep 05, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Wrona Home, 400 Linden Rd, Pinehurst, NC 28374, USA
About the Event
· WHO: This class is for mature 9 to 18 year-olds, who are members of CHES.
· WHAT: This class teaches students how to be great public speakers with pre-planned speeches, on-the-spot talking, and other activities.
· WHEN: From 10:00AM sharp to around noon, students and parents are welcome to stay after and socialize. Parents are welcome to stay during the class, but it's not required.
· WHERE: 400 Linden Road, Pinehurst NC, 28374 (The Wrona House)
· DEADLINE TO SIGNUP: August 22, 2022 (or until spots fill)
· COST: $15 / child
· CLASS DATES (Tuesdays 10AM-noon)
o Sep. 5 (Introductory meeting)
o Sep. 19
o Oct. 3
o Oct. 17
o Nov. 14
o Nov. 28
o Dec. 12
o Jan. 9
o Jan. 23
o Feb. 6
o Feb. 20
o Mar. 5
o Mar. 19
o Apr. 2 (Awards and party)
OTHER INFORMATION: This class is not just for people who like public speaking, but also for those who may be terrified of public speaking. Wherever the student is at, the goal is to improve... greatly. Parents are welcome to stay and watch, or to socialize with other parents in other rooms of the home. Parents can sit in the back and watch the entire class, or just drop in and out to watch their children's speech. Another option is that parents can simply drop off their children in the class, and pick them up when the class is over.
THE INSTRUCTOR: Hi, my name is Houston Wrona, and this is my second year teaching CHES Speakers. Prior to that, I was in this class for 5 years. For 3 of those years, my family led and hosted CHES Speakers. Throughout the years, I have enjoyed the class greatly and given over 20 speeches. I am excited to take what I have learned and teach it to others.
CHES Speakers SIGNUP LINK: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0844aba72faaf85-ches1#/
WHAT MAKES THIS EVEN MORE EXCITING: CHES Speakers and the CHES Newspaper both meet at the Wrona house and are on the same days. CHES Speakers is from 10:00am to noon, and the Newspaper is from 1:00pm to 2:30pm, so there is an hour break in the middle. For students who are in both, they may bring a sack lunch and stay during that hour in the middle. It is a very fun time - We eat lunch, socialize, and play games.
The signup for the Newspaper: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0844ABA72FAAF85-thesandhills