CHES Welding Class
Time & Location
About the Event
Welding Class for 7th -12 grade
Saturday, Nov. 21
9:15 -10:15 GENERAL CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
10:30-12:30 HANDS ON
1. This class is presented by Francis Steel Inc in Aberdeen, NC. Francis Steel Inc is a steel fabricator and erector and maintains their own certified welders; they also train & certify welders for other companies in our area.
2. The class is designed to give a brief presentation of what could be expected in a career choice that involves welding in the United States.
3. Students will have an opportunity to engage with hands on experience in different types of welding equipment, tools, & consumables that are commonly used in welding.
4. Class size will be limited to 15 students (1 parent may attend the class per student); multiple classes may be scheduled if needed.
5. We recommend that students / parents come prepared to get under a welding shield themselves!
1. This class is for grades 7th-12th only
2. The class is free
3. For those participating in HANDS ON:
a. Dress Code: Closed toed footwear, long pants
b. Must have clothing that may get dirty or (potentially) damaged by sparks
c. Must have a waiver signed by a parent - for participation in the “Hands On” portion
d. We will provide welding shields & PPE (Students can bring their own if they wish.)
4. Class to be held at Francis Steel Inc shop / office: 240 Crestline Lane, Aberdeen, NC 28315
5. Because of COVID 19
a. Everyone will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entry into classroom.
b. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to attend the class